More and more homeowners are realizing that the type of roofing material they choose for their home can help to increase their property’s curb appeal and make a statement to prospective buyers down the road. Indeed, a great way to convey your home’s look and feel is by selecting a type of roof that not only protects your home but takes your exterior attitude to another level. Here are a few of the best and most popular roofing materials that, when installed properly, can really make a difference to your residential home.
Selecting the Best Roofing Materials for Your Home
Here are some of the top roofing materials you can choose for your home.
- Asphalt Shingles – One of the most popular roofing materials out there, asphalt shingles are economical and easy to install. Not only that, but they can be reinforced with organic or fiberglass materials without any significant change to its appearance. Asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors, are easily accessible, and can last 20–25 years.
- Clay Tiles – When it comes to style, clay roofs can add an element of elegance and texture to your roof. They are extremely durable but tend to be very heavy, requiring professional installation for safe and optimal results. Clay tiles are non-combustible and will last you 40–50 years, if maintained properly.
- Concrete Tiles – Concrete tiles are a lot like clay tiles; they are just as heavy as genuine clay, and, therefore, require professional handling and installation. However, concrete tiles are versatile and less expensive. They can last you up to 40–50 years, with proper maintenance.
- Metal Roofing – A bit rarer but just as effective, metal roofs are especially resistant to extreme weather conditions. There are two types of metal roofs: panels and shingles. They come in aluminum, copper, stainless steel and zinc options. In addition, they are lightweight and offer a sleek design, recyclability, and durability. Metal roofing typically lasts 40–75 years, so you likely won’t ever have to replace it.
- Slate – Another material with sleek presentability, slate bears a distinctive, elegant, and beautiful appearance. It comes in a variety of colors like black, green, grey, and purple, and is fire-resistant, sustainable, and even more durable than metal (up to 100 years).
- Wood Shingles – One of the oldest roofing choices out there, wood shingles tend to weather with grace—eventually turning into an appealing grey hue. They offer a rustic look and are natural products typically made from cedar, redwood, or southern pine. They last anywhere from 25–30 years.
Your Trusted Residential Roofing Experts of Central Florida
Davis Roofing & Restoration is a local, family-owned, and operated construction business in Central Florida. Licensed and registered, we have been serving Lake County, The Villages, and Orange County, FL with exceptional customer service and high-quality roofing repairs, replacements, and restorations for over 30 years. If you are in need of durable, dependable, and affordable roofing materials and services, contact Davis Roofing & Restoration to schedule a complimentary roof inspection and receive a free estimate from one of our residential roofing experts. Call us today at 407-436-4587.