Hurricanes can be devastating to residential Central Florida homes. From heavy flooding, uprooted trees, and power outages to damaged vehicles, destroyed property, and torn roofs, hurricanes leave a lot of damage in their wake. Therefore, it is extremely important to make sure your home is sufficiently prepared to weather the storm. If your roof is damaged, then it can affect the entire integrity of your house and make it more susceptible to damage from other storms and occurrences.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your roof from a hurricane.
6 Steps to Protect Your Roof Before a Hurricane
- Inspect your roof – To help you identify and fix any damages that may have been done to your roof, you must first inspect it. However, for safety reasons, it is highly recommended that you not inspect your roof on your own, but rather seek professional assistance before a storm rolls in.
- Fix any damages – Shingles and tiles protect your roof and home from water damage. Therefore, any apparent damages, like loose shingles or tiles, should be fixed to avoid leaks and reduce the likelihood of a storm blowing them away.
- Secure yard furniture – Equipment, furniture, or any other objects left in your yard can quickly turn to projectiles that can damage your roof and home during a storm. It is best to put them away or properly secure them in place.
- Trim trees and dead branches – Tree limbs and branches that extend over the roof can cause significant damage during a storm. Trim the branches hanging over your home and get rid of any dead limbs that could break off and puncture your roof.
- Clear all debris from your gutters – Make sure your gutters are cleared before a hurricane hits town. This will allow the excess rainwater to flow freely, preventing the gutter from getting clogged and pushing water into your home.
- Call the professionals – A professionally inspected and well-maintained roof is your safest bet against a hurricane. Calling roofing experts to survey your entire roof and locate and promptly fix any damages or issues that need to be addressed will make sure your home is properly secure before a storm. Furthermore, you can trust a licensed roofing expert to also conduct a high quality post-storm assessment of your roof.
Don’t get sidelined by roof damage this hurricane season. Rely on the experts at Davis Roofing & Restoration to protect your roof in a hurricane.
Hurricane-Proof Your Roof with Davis Roofing & Restoration
Davis Roofing & Restoration is a local, family-owned and operated construction business in Central Florida. Licensed and registered, we have been serving Lake County, The Villages, and Orange County, FL with exceptional customer service and emergency roofing repairs, replacements, and restorations for over 30 years.
If you are in need of durable, dependable, and affordable roofing services, contact Davis Roofing & Restoration to schedule a complimentary roof inspection and receive a free estimate from one of our residential roofing experts. Call us today at 407-436-4587.