Storms and hurricanes can cause serious damage to your Central Florida roof that could lead to expensive roof repairs and a decrease in your home’s value. A healthy and well-maintained roof that is in good shape can do wonders for your home by protecting your residence and its residents from extensive storm-related damage. To ensure that your home is secure and to avoid excessive repair costs, here are a few ways to protect your roof from storm damage.
5 Tips for Preparing Your Roof to Weather a Storm
- Place a protective material on your roof – Using plywood or other materials like roof sheets can help to add an extra layer of protection during a storm. Such materials can help ensure less water seeps into your roof and keep shingles from splintering and falling off.
- Cut down overhanging tree limbs – Trees can be destructive to your home during a severe storms with strong winds. Because of the possibility of tree branches and fruits becoming projectiles, it is best to trim them down to prevent serious roof damage.
- Clear debris around your home – To avoid having yard equipment and debris fly around during a storm, it is best to clear it away prior to approaching weather. Logs, branches, and other debris can turn into projectiles that can puncture holes in your home and roofing.
- Clean your gutters – It is important to make sure your gutters are not blocked ahead of a storm. Blocked gutters could lead to roof leakage and improper runoff that could result in water pooling and rot.
- Roof maintenance and repairs – One of the best ways to ensure your roof survives countless storms is to schedule a roof inspection by a roofing expert. A professional can identify any vulnerable spots, potential leaks, or damaged roofing that requires repair. Fixing such areas of exposure will reinforce and safeguard your roof for an oncoming storm.
Professional Storm Damage Roofing Services in Central Florida
Need your roof protected and inspected? Then contact the professionals at Davis Roofing & Restoration—a local, family-owned and operated construction business in Central Florida. Licensed and registered, we have been serving Lake County, The Villages, and Orange County, FL with exceptional customer service and high-quality roof inspections, repairs, replacements, and restorations for over 30 years.
To schedule a complimentary inspection and receive a free estimate for our durable, dependable, and affordable roofing services, call Davis Roofing & Restoration today at 407-436-4587 and speak to one of our residential roofing experts.