A roof restoration is a cost-effective process that many homeowners consider when their roof is getting old or is in disrepair. While roof restorations differ from roof replacements and, therefore, constitute different processes to make worn or faulty roofing structures new again, they have become a popular option among property owners. Here are some things to expect during a roof restoration.
Roof Restorations vs. Roof Replacements
Roof restorations and roof replacements are two different processes that necessitate different costs and considerations. Currently, if your roof is in disrepair, there are two main options:
- Tearing off the existing roof and installing a new one.
- Covering up the existing roof with a new one.
Roof replacements require the complete removal of the original roof and the installation of a new one; however, if your roof is in salvageable and restorable condition, then there is no need to tear off the existing material. A roof restoration simply installs new roofing materials on top of your existing roof while changing out faulty materials and fixing certain parts of the roofing structure. Although, when going through the process of a roof restoration, there are benefits and setbacks that can be expected.
The Pros of Roof Restorations
Restoring your roof does not involve nearly as much mess, noise, or money as a roof replacement.
The benefits of roof restoration include:
- More Environmentally Friendly – When restoring your roof, there is less roof debris which means less material is contributed to the landfill.
- Decent Warranties – For roof restorations, there are no-dollar-limit warranties with terms anywhere between five and 20 years.
- Sustainability – Restoring your roof is sustainable as you receive a new extended warranty at the end of the last one.
- Less Expensive – Due to the sustainability of restoring your roof, it is very efficient in terms of costs.
The Cons of Roof Restorations
While there are great benefits to roof restorations, it is important to be mindful of the possible drawbacks that restoring your roof may include:
- Dirt Accumulation – Coating your roof may lead to excessive dirt build-up, however, this does not affect the quality or contribute to leakage.
- Reduced Durability – Constantly restoring your roof instead of completely replacing your roofing materials can, overtime, lead to weakened quality and durability. However, a properly restored roof can offer your home just as many years of protection from severe weather and other harsh Central Florida elements as a roof replacement—if installed professionally.
High-Quality Professional Roof Restoration Services
It is vital to hire professional roofing services to restore your roof as only qualified experts know how to get the job done efficiently and effectively. If you are considering restoring your roof or require any other roofing need, the experts at Davis Roofing & Restoration can help.
A local, family-owned and operated construction business in Central Florida, Davis Roofing & Restoration is licensed, registered, and ready to serve home and business owners in Lake County, The Villages, and Orange County, FL with exceptional customer service and high-quality roofing repairs, replacements, and restorations.