Having a good roof is essential to your home’s safety and function. Unfortunately, Florida’s harsh weather can cause leaks, water damage, and punctures that could cost you thousands of dollars to repair if you are not proactively maintaining your roof’s health. Furthermore, if your roof is old, compromised, or in disrepair, your home could be at risk for severe property damage or even roof collapse. To prevent catastrophe, here are a few signs of a bad roof that you should be aware of.
Clear Signs of Bad Roofs
- Damaged shingles – Severe weather and storms can cause cracks in shingles or tear them away. Cracked shingles are a sign they are in need of a replacement. Once you’re missing a couple of roof shingles, your roof is at risk of water seeping through to your home’s attic.
- Moss growth – A clear sign of a bad roof is excessive moss growth on your roof. Having moss and algae on your roof means that water has pooled or seeped through your roofing. Such growths can lead to toxic mold and mildew, as well as structural damage on the inside of your home.
- Old roof – If you have lived in your home for over 10 years and have never replaced your roof, then you likely have a bad roof that needs updating. And new roof replacement will ensure your roofing materials are sturdy and your home will stay safe for a long time.
- Sunken roof – The biggest sign of a bad roof is when it is noticeably sagging. Rotting or soft patches of roofing indicate that your home’s integrity is at risk. A sunken roof is a clear sign that you need to replace your roof as soon as possible.
- Water damage – Large water stains and a sunken ceiling are signs you have water leaks coming from your roof. As soon as you see a water spot on your ceiling, you need to contact a roofing company immediately to avoid the further spread of water damage.
Bad Roof? Contact Central Florida’s Experienced Roofing Experts
For over 30 years, Davis Roofing & Restoration has served Lake and Orange counties, including the Central Florida community of The Villages, with exceptional customer service and high-quality roofing repairs, replacements, and restorations.
As soon as you notice signs of a bad roof, do not hesitate to give our local, family-owned and operated construction business a call for durable, dependable, and affordable roofing services.
Contact Davis & Restoration today at 321-456-7709 to schedule a complimentary inspection and receive a free estimate from one of our residential roofing experts.